The following safety requirements apply to any use of fireworks (gerbs) reserved for certified pyrotechnicians that are installed in the centre of a table to produce visual effects during a special event.
- Any pyrotechnician handling fireworks must have the appropriate certifications for the planned display and must be present on the display site during set-up, lighting and disassembly.
- Only those fireworks approved by the Explosives Regulatory Division (ERD) may be used.
- The pyrotechnician is responsible for terminating the performance or the use of a firework during the event should an unexpected danger occur.
- All fireworks must be solidly attached to the centre of the tables and be installed at a right angle or at a maximum 5-degree angle. At least two fasteners must be attached to the table centrepiece base to prevent the device from moving.
- No obstacles or combustible material may be placed at the tip of the firework or nearby.
- When the fireworks are deployed inside a building, ensure that it does not affect the operations of the fire safety and ventilation installations.
- The fireworks must be lit in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the manual, which are designed to prevent accidental lighting.
- Keep at least two approved minimum class 3A-10BC portable fire extinguishers on either side of the fireworks.
- Send a written report to the SIM describing any incidents that occur during set-up, deployment or at other times during the activity.