Temporary or permanent electrical fixtures represent major fire hazards.
- Avoid using a multi-socket adapter on the same circuit.
- Never remove the grounding prong from a power plug.
- Don't use nails or metal hangers to hang extension cords and don't make knots in extension cords.
- Don't put extension cords under carpets.
- Don't use extension cords permanently.
- Don't connect several extension cords end to end.
- Have a qualified technician perform repairs and installations.
- Use the correct amperage for your electrical circuits.
- Replace damaged extension cords.