Each year, the Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal (Montréal fire department - SIM for short) publishes an activity report, which includes an overview of the department's activities and presents data about the year's achievements, interventions, material and human losses and prevention activities.
Here are some figures that show the fire department's hard work and dedication since 2017:
- 131,673 interventions by firefighters
- 84,867 interventions by first responders
- 7,454 false alarms or cancellations
- 1,171 building fires
- 120,067 homes in which smoke alarms were checked
- 64,547 people of all ages reached by public education activities