Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the SIM communications centre fields 9-1-1 emergency calls and oversees the assignment of first responders. The centre has a 65-strong workforce. This true command post ensures the optimal coordination of on-the-ground responses and promptly deploys resources across city territory.
Do you have a high resistance to stress? Are you prepared to work days as well as nights and weekends? Do you have a good knowledge of Montréal and its territory? Do you have good communication and customer service skills? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? If you answered "yes" to all these questions, the position of operator at the SIM communications centre may constitute an interesting career opportunity for you.
The duties of the SIM communications centre operator are as follows:
- Receive and process calls from various emergency services and citizens using software applications;
- Support operations management by transmitting the required information to first responders so that the necessary resources are assigned and the proper responses are carried out with the objective of ensuring the safety and integrity of citizens and property as well as that of first responders.
General hiring conditions
- Must hold a high school diploma (DES)
- Two years' relevant experience
- Bilingual French and English (spoken)
- Annual salary (2017):
- entry level (after hiring): $44,630
- final salary scale: $59,030
- Possibility of a permanent position
- Rotating schedule (work shift duration 12 hrs 15 min)