In addition to competitive salaries, SIM firefighters enjoy a number of attractive benefits.
Data from 2017, not including bonuses.
|Annual salary as of January 1, 2018|
|Firefighter 5A (0 to 12 months)||$44,187|
|Firefighter 5B (13 to 18 months)||$46,110|
|Fireifighter 4 (19 to 30 months)||$53,795|
|Firefighter 3 (31 to 42 months)||$61,481|
|Firefighter 2 (43 to 54 months)||$69,166|
|Firefighter 1 (more than 54 months)||$76,850|
|Years of service||Vacation days per year|
|1 to 2 years||14|
|2 to 6 years||
|6 to 15 years||28|
|15 to 25 years||35|
|25 years or more||42|
- Permanent position
- Rotating schedule (average work week of 42 hours)
- Group insurance and generous pension planA group insurance program tailored to meet individual and family needs.
A group insurance program tailored to meet individual and family needs.
- 3 weeks vacation from the beginning (certain working conditions may apply differently or not apply depending on the status and category of the employee).
- 3 statutory holidays, mobile holidays and Christmas holidays.
- A generous wage supplement to maternity and adoption leave and parental leave.
- Sabbatical leave with differed wages.
- Continuing education and training for all employment categories.
- Interesting career prospects. Since Ville de Montréal is the largest employer in the metropolitan area, our employees have the opportunity to contribute their skills in a variety of positions and environments.