A barbecue is an outdoor cooking appliance which uses wood, coal, gas or propane as fuel. We recommend you use caution when cooking out.
- Place your barbecue at least 60 cm away from doors and windows. It should never block an exit.
- Place coal-burning barbecues on non-flammable surfaces and more than one metre away from any flammable materials.
- Always use your barbecue outdoors.
- Always light your barbecue with the cover open.
- Turn off your gas barbecue by first turning the knob on the gas bottle to the off position so that gas can vent from the pipes.
- Use a soapy water solution to make sure the appliance isn't leaking at the beginning of the season or before each use.
- Use a metal brush to clean the pipes.
- Store your bottles of propane outdoors. But never store them in a garden or shed.