Candles and oil lamps are more and more common. All the more reason to handle these items carefully.
- Don't carry lighted candles or oil lamps around.
- Never remove the protective globe from an oil lamp.
- Keep oil lamps away from flammable materials and out of the reach of children.
- Place them on a stable surface.
- Always use the proper fuel for your lamp.
- Place candles securely in non-flammable holders.
- Place candles so that the flame will not come into contact with flammable materials.