The Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal (Montréal fire department - SIM for short) offers persons with handicaps or reduced mobility a free evacuation assistance service which enables firefighters to find and help them evacuate in the event of an emergency. You will need to register your information in our database. All information collected is used exclusively by the SIM and will remain confidential.
Any person whose condition is similar to one or many of the following cases is eligible for the program.
- Deaf or hearing impaired
- Blind or visually impaired
- Mobility impaired
- Developmental disorder or intellectually impaired
- Reduced mobility
- Others (degenerative diseases, etc.)
Complete the following form: Registration for Emergency Evacuation Assistance Program.
Print and complete the PDF form at the bottom of the page. The form is also available at points of service such as CLSC and fire stations. To locate the fire station nearest you, see the Map of Fire Stations.
Send the form to:
Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal
Planification opérationnelle et des événements spéciaux
6150, avenue Royalmount
Montréal QC H4P 2R3
Don't forget to...
- Let us know if you move, are hospitalized long-term or a registered person dies.
- Let the owner or manager of your home or workplace know about your condition and that you will need assistance in an emergency.
- If you register someone as their legal guardian, you must inform them that you are doing so.