The following safety requirements apply to special events requiring a road closure.
All public roads, yards or private roads used by emergency vehicles to accessa site where a temporary special event is taking place.
- When a street, yard or private road is closed, maintain a traffic corridor measuring at least 6 m wide and 5 m high that extends in a straight, continuous line in the middle of the street or access road and that is free of any obstructions and accessible to emergency vehicles at all times.
- Any street, yard or private road required for the circulation of emergency vehicles must be maintained in good condition. No vehicle may be parked in such a way that it blocks the passage of emergency vehicles.
- To ensure that emergency vehicles can pass unhindered, a sufficient number of security personnel must be available at all times to supervise all the fences installed as well as the emergency route indicated by the painted lines.
- Any fence used for road closures must comply with the requirements or standards in effect in the borough or municipality in question.
- In addition to respecting the traffic corridors, any overhead wires, banners, streamers or flags constituting potential obstacles for fire ladders must be removed.
- Any fire hydrants, fire-department connections, Siamese connections or natural gas control valves must be visible and accessible. A minimum 1.5-metre clearing must be maintained around each one.
- All building exits located on the event site must be accessible.
- All road closures between two intersections where a fire station is located are prohibited. Safe access to public infrastructure, such as fire stations and SIM headquarters, must also be provided.
- The civic number designating a building shall be installed so as to be legible from the public highway.