Would you like to be part of a strong team and promote safety in your community? Are you resistant to stress? Willing to work on weekends and holidays? Do you have initiative and the ability to follow instructions easily? Are you able to conduct yourself with sensitivity and empathy when people experience difficult and sometimes dramatic situations? If you answered yes to all these questions, becoming a firewoman or a firefighter ocould be a great career choice for you.
A firefighter's work consists mainly of:
- fighting fires and doing prevention activities
- giving emergency care as a first responder
- saving lives in a variety of situations
- participating in maintenance of the fire station and equipment
- supporting operations by working in support teams (such as the training centre, researching the causes and circumstances of fires, public education).