Certain risks of fire are associated with its use, however. If you use e-cigarettes, the Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal advises that you observe the following tips in order to protect against the risk of fire.
- It is important not to overcharge the battery and to observe the manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations. Overcharged batteries can explode and provoke a fire outbreak.
- Do not leave your e-cigarette unattended when recharging it, and only recharge during the day.
- Do not recharge the battery while sleeping.
- If the e-cigarette battery is overcharged, the lithium it contains may overheat and catch fire.
- Only use accessories provided by the manufacturer (charger, USB cable, etc.).
- Do not use e-cigarettes in the presence of an oxygen tank (oxygen therapy).
- Do not carry an e-cigarette in your pocket without a carrying case. The battery could enter into contact with metal pieces and trigger a spark. Always use the carrying case.