Innovation Development MTL is a strategic intelligence solution developed by Ville de Montréal’s Service du développement économique to support and promote the city’s expertise in a number of leading-edge sectors. ID MTL actively and continuously monitors national and international developments to stay current with – and draw inspiration from – best practices wherever they might be.
- To increase Montréal’s visibility in leading-edge sectors
- To identify technological innovations as well as their impacts and prospective markets
- To disseminate information of specific interest to key economic decision makers on an ongoing basis
- To advance the Action Plan to keep pace with business opportunities as they arise
- Green and environmental chemistry: Biofuels, bioproducts and bioprocesses, soil decontamination, waste reclamation
- New materials: Optoelectronics, microelectronics, 3-D printing, plastics, intelligent fabrics
- Digital technology: Optics/photonics, robotics, nanotechnology, cloud computing, big data, Internet of Things (IoT), cybersecurity, mobile app development, etc.
- Transportation and urban mobility: Electric and hybrid transportation, intelligent transportation systems, energy materials development
In addition to monitoring relevant developments in these fields, Innovation Development MTL prepares and issues two highly informative publications:
- Newsletter: Monthly analysis of specific topics related to the target sectors, with a focus on economy-shaping trends and innovations
- Fact sheets: Detailed descriptions of the sectors and industries driving economic vitality, creativity and innovation in Montréal