The Master Plan will be implemented through the application of by-laws,
through public investments, many of which will be shared with the governments
of Québec or Canada and with the cooperation of various partners. The
City will also table an Annual Assessment Report on the Master Plan for public
review by a City Council committee.
Monitoring the implementation of the master plan
The implementation of the Plan will be subject to systematic and transparent
monitoring. The City will also match the municipal capital projects set out
in the Master Plan with the annual funding provided by the Triennial Capital
Expenditures Program (TCEP).
The City will table an Annual Assessment Report
on the Master Plan each spring for public review by a City Council committee.
committee will report no later than June, in time for its recommendations
to be taken into account in the annual budget decision-making process. Among
other items, the committee’s recommendations will deal with implementation
priorities, particularly with respect to capital investment and programs
and any elements of the Plan that may require amendment. In addition, the
Annual Assessment Report will lay the groundwork for the five-year revision
of the Master Plan, which will ensure that the Plan is kept up to date with
changing socioeconomic trends and urban development.
The Annual Assessment Report
on the Master Plan, which will be produced jointly by the boroughs and the
relevant municipal departments, will include the following items :
a) Implementation :
- The degree to which the Master Plan’s objectives have been achieved;
- The enactment of concordance by-laws by boroughs;
- The implementation of capital investments announced by the Plan and the
City’s requests to the governments of Québec and Canada in this
- The implementation of planned programs and results obtained;
- The implementation of municipal policies and their relationship to the
- The implementation of projects developed in partnership.
Subsequent planning and furtherance of the Master Plan :
- The progress made in the detailed planning processes;
- A synthesis of previous year’s amendments to the Master Plan;
socioeconomic trends and their effect on the Plan’s objectives
and implementation measures.