This conference is for groups who want to learn about safe behaviours before and during a fire. It aims to educate participants about appropriate behaviour to minimize the risks of a fire and teach them how to use a portable extinguisher correctly.
Any group of adult residents
From 60 to 90 minutes.
Overview of themes
- Potential risks of a fire
- Safe behaviours to adopt
- Fire detection equipment and how it works: smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, fire alarm system
- Evacuation in case of fire
- Sharing roles and responsibilities between residents and responders
- Residents and workers: What to do and what not to do
- Responders: What to do and what not to do
- The meeting place
- Portable extinguisher
- The principles of combustion and the tetrahedron of fire
- Types of fire
- Classes of extinguishers
- How to use extinguishers safely
- Extinguisher maintenance program
Information and reservations
Would you like to reserve this conference? Contact the public education department at 514-872-4684 for more information.