Montréal is at Level 2 – Early Warning (yellow zone). Stay informed

Online services

Select a service from the menu at right for more details.

Select a service

All online services

Borough newsletter

Saint-Laurent newsletter


A Certificate of Usage Authorization is required for any change or amendment to usage.

Certificate of Usage Authorization

A Certificate of Usage Authorization is required to open any establishment or in the event of a change of address, in surface area or the name of a business already established on Borough territory.

This document must be displayed in any establishment that has a vocation other than housing. It indicates the uses or activities and the conditions for these authorized under the Urban Planning Bylaw in effect on the date of issue. Certificates of Usage Authorization are not only associated with the premises that are occupied, but also with the operator of the establishment.

How to obtain your certificate

1. Download the form, read it carefully and fill it out.

2. Bring this form, along with a copy of the company's corporate declaration or certificate of incorporation as well as a cheque for the amount indicated on the form (payable to Ville de Montréal – Saint-Laurent), to the following location: 

Direction de l'aménagement urbain et des services aux entreprises
Division des permis et des inspections
777 boulevard Marcel-Laurin
Saint-Laurent (Québec) H4M 2M7
Information: 311
Fax: 514 855-5959

Business hours: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

3. You may also send the duly completed form to the above-mentioned address, along with your payment and a copy of the company's corporate declaration or certificate of incorporation.

Review of the certificate application

Please allow a period of between 30 and 60 days for a certificate to be issued after a duly completed application form is submitted.

Timeline for using the certificate

The certificate must be used within the six months following the issue date. Past this deadline, if the premises are not occupied, the certificate becomes null and void, and the applicant must submit a new application.