Signage, parking and towing
Look out for signs! During snow removal, signs indicate the periods during which parking is prohibited. Signage varies according to each borough’s planning operations.
“No parking” periods during snow loading operations are generally as follows:
- Daytime operations, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m: Signs go up before 8 p.m. the evening before.
- Nighttime operations, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.: Signs go up before 3 p.m. the same day
Street signage during snow loading operations will always prevail over information in the app, and these signs must be obeyed.
Free municipal parking
At night, during snow loading operations, free parking spaces are available in several areas. View the spaces made available by your borough and Stationnement de Montréal on the snow removal map or by downloading INFO-Neige MTL on the AppleStore and GooglePlay.
In the boroughs
- Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
- Le Sud-Ouest
- Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie
- Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc Extension
Has your vehicle been towed? Find out where it was towed on the Info-remorquage site.
- Info-remorquage provides information about vehicles towed by city representatives only. This information is available about 20 minutes after a vehicle is towed in any of Montréal’s 19 boroughs.
- Information that may be collected from the use of Info-Remorquage is kept confidential and used only for the purpose for which it was collected, as per the Act Respecting Access to Documents Held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information (CQLR, c. A-2.1). This information can be used for statistics.