Signage, parking and towing
Look out for signs! During snow removal, signs indicate the periods during which parking is prohibited. Signage varies according to each borough’s planning operations.
No-parking periods during snow loading operations are generally as follows:
- Daytime: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m
- Nighttime: 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
In general, signs that indicate no parking from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. go up before 3 p.m. the same day, and signs that indicate no parking from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. go up before 8 p.m. the evening before.
If snow removal on your street is not complete by the end of the no-parking period, it will be extended to the same period of the next day so that snow removal teams can continue their work.
Free parking during snow removal
During snow loading operations, free off-street, overnight parking is available in the boroughs and from Stationnement de Montréal.
These parking lots are available on the snow removal map.
In the boroughs
- Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
- Le Sud-Ouest
- Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie
- Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc Extension
Has your vehicle been towed? You can find out where it was towed on the Info-Remorquage site.
- Info-Remorquage only covers the city limits of Montréal (all 19 boroughs) and only makes information available to users about vehicles that are towed by city representatives, within 15 to 20 minutes after the car was towed.
- Information that may be collected from the use of Info-Remorquage is kept confidential and used only for the purpose for which it was collected, as per the Act Respecting Access to Documents Held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information (CQLR, c. A-2.1). This information can be used for statistics.