Any temporary elevated structure used duringan event.
Self-standing structure - Without the public
- Have a traffic corridor of at least 6 m wide and at least 5 m high that is free of obstructions and accessible at all times to emergency vehicles.
- Install protective devices at the base of the structures to prevent anyone from climbing them.
- A stability certificate from an engineer is required for any structure over 10 m high.
Self-standing structure – With the public (Exceptions: tent, inflatable structure and amusement park ride)
- A stability certificate from an engineer is required for Tyrolean traverses, slides or other similar equipment that is over 2.4 m high.
The Régie du bâtiment contains information on the following:
- An event organizer's responsibilities
- Required permits
- Solidity of the structure
- Evacuation routes
- Required aisle width
- The required height of the steps