As the owner or manager of an industrial facility, you must inspect certain items each day to ensure safety.
- All emergency exits are completely and constantly free of any obstruction.
- All emergency exits are unlocked and easily accessible.
- All exit signs, lighting and emergency lighting of emergency exits are working properly.
Fire alarm system
- The fire alarm system is working properly.
- Only the green light is illuminated on the fire alarm system panel.
- All handles to manually activate the fire alarm system are easily visible and accessible.
- The control valve and all shut-off valves of the automatic sprinkler system are either supervised or locked into the open position.
- All components of the sprinkler system are working properly.
- All sprinkler heads are free of any form of obstruction
Fire hydrants and hose connectors
- Private fire hydrants are free from any obstruction or snow accumulation.
- Private fire hydrants are easily accessible and visible
- Private fire hydrants are working properly.
Fire vehicle access routes
- All access routes for fire vehicles are clearly identified.
- All access routes for fire vehicles are completely clear of any type of storage, equipment or parked cars.
- Signs prohibiting storage, installation of material or parking on access routes for fire vehicles are in place and in good condition. l
- All portable fire extinguishers are in place on their stands.
- All portable fire extinguishers are visible and accessible.
- Manometers on all portable fire extinguishers show proper pressure.
Sources of heat and open flames
- Flames of candles, oil burners and other open flame devices are properly protected.
- Flames of candles, oil burners and other open flame devices are in non-combustible holders.
- Dangerous materials data sheets are available on site and easily accessible.
- Dangerous materials are safely stored in compliance with the manufacturer's directions.
- Dangerous materials are at the required distance from other materials.