Any temporary electrical installation or any generator associated with a special outdoor event.
- The electrical installations used in a tent must be well maintained and used safely.
- Any wire, cable, pipe or electrical device must be protected against physical damage and adverse weather.
- In the tents, the bulbs and projectors must be at least 600 mm from the fabric and from any combustible material.
- Any temporary electrical installation must be grounded in accordance with code regulations.
- Any off-gas from a generator must be evacuated outside an appropriate security perimeter and be a reasonable distance away from any air intake or window of an adjacent building.
- Any generator must be surrounded by a physical security perimeter and be situated at least 3 m from any building or tent.
- A class 3A-10BC portable fire extinguisher must be installed near each generator.
- Any portable generator must be refuelled only when the unit has been turned off and has cooled down sufficiently.
- During refuelling, smoking is prohibited near any generator and its equipment.
- Flammable and/or combustible liquids must be stored outside any building, tent or shelter in a safe location to which the public does not have access.
The Régie du bâtiment contains information on the following:
- An event organizer's responsibilities
- Required permits
- Mandatory GFCI electrical outlets
- Protecting installations against damage
- The required clearances
- The grounding of installations