PRAM - Sainte-Catherine
General description of the program
PRAM – Sainte-Catherine was designed as a companion to Phase 1 of the Sainte-Catherine Ouest project. Its objective is to provide financial assistance to merchants if their business is affected by this major redevelopment project (including the replacement of century-old underground infrastructures) and to develop mitigation and communications measures during the completion of the work. Subsidies for the renovation of commercial buildings are made available to merchants and building owners in order to stimulate investment in private property and highlight the city’s built heritage, notably the facades of buildings. Financial assistance covers the design of businesses, both inside and outside, as well as the execution of the work, including the renovation of facades and the modernization and development of stores. The program’s objective is to make Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest and its surroundings more attractive, earn customer loyalty and draw new customers.
A sum of $2.8 million will be invested in the subsidy program for business people and commercial real-estate owners for purposes of renovating facades and modernizing the development of their stores. The program covers two areas of activity:
- Financial assistance covering 40 per cent of the cost of eligible work, up to $50,000, $150,000 or $300,000 per building, depending on its size.
- An additional subsidy covering 50 per cent of professional design fees for development, up to $4,000, $10,000 or $20,000 per renovation project, depending on the size of the building.
- Stimulate and revitalize Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest
- Provide financial assistance for the renovation of commercial buildings
- Offer consumers an updated commercial environment and a more attractive built environment
Program implementation area and duration
The subsidy program applies solely to Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, between Rue de Bleury and Rue Mansfield.
The second program eligibility period will be announced at a later date.
In order to benefit from the subsidy, applicants must submit an application to the program within the prescribed time period and must be deemed eligible before the work is started.
Submitting an application
To submit an application for the subsidy program, applicants must forward the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Duly-completed application form
- Proof of property ownership or rental (according to status: owner or tenant)
- Detailed estimate of costs for the work
- The property owner’s approval to perform the work (if the applicant is a tenant)
- A document establishing the mandate of any person acting on the applicant’s behalf
(if there is an agent)
- Photos of the facade of the building or commercial premises where the work will be carried out. The photos may not be taken prior to submitting the application for a subsidy.
Applicants are responsible for reading By-law RCG 17-023 to find out the terms and conditions of the program.
Submitting an application for a subsidy payment
To submit an application for a subsidy payment upon completion of the work, applicants must forward the following documents to email@example.com :
- Duly-completed Avis de fin des travaux (notice of work completion).
- Copies of invoices for the work
- Proof of payment of the invoices
- A copy of the work permits and proof of payment thereof
- Photos of the building facade and the renovated spaces