Montréal: Global hub of excellence
An innovative environment and a critical mass of expertise
The information and communication technologies (ITC) sector is a driver of economic development in the Montréal region, and a global hub of excellence. It stands out on the international scene with its many different companies, its innovative environment, its critical mass of expertise and quality infrastructure and its highly skilled workforce.
With a large number of companies that have proved them themselves internationally, the ITC sector has plenty of leaders in the main cutting-edge fields.
- Digital services and media
- IT services
- Telecommunication services
- Audiovisual and digital sound
- Digital arts
The ITC sector in Montréal is:
- $5 billion in exports
- 120,000 jobs
- 5,000 private companies
- A world leader in software for special effects for the film industry
- Global recognition for its creativity in high-tech entertainment (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Eidos, A2M, Cyanide, EA Mobile)