Online services

Select a service from the menu at right for more details.

Select a service

All online services

Bars and restaurants

A restaurant is an establishment intended for food consumption and alcohol consumption is only allowed on the occasion of a meal. A bar is intended solely for the consumption of alcohol.

Restaurants and bars are allowed in specific sectors of the borough at some specific conditions. Therefore, it’s important to check if the zoning allows the construction of a bar or a restaurant at the desired location.


Fees apply for :

  • the study of a certificate of occupancy;
  • the issuance of a construction permit;
  • for commercial building alteration.

For more information on applicable fees, contact the Permits counter by calling 311.


Before signing a lease or purchasing a building, please refer to the Urban Planning and Business Services Department to check if the zoning permits to operate a restaurant or a bar.