Montréal is at the watch level (green zone). Stay informed

Online services

Select a service from the menu at right for more details.

Select a service

All online services

Certificate of occupancy

Who should apply for a certificate of occupancy?

A certificate of occupancy issued by the Borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro is required for the exercise of any professional or commercial activity.

The certificate remains valid as long as the operator (owner or tenant) and the activities performed are the same as described in the certificate. A new certificate is required if there is a change of operator, if the area has been modified, or if there are changes or addition of activities.


Fees apply to any application for a certificate of occupancy:

  • for commerce, industrial and institutional groups;
  • for intermediate resources and H8 groups.

For information on the applicable fees, contact the Permits Counter by calling 311.

How to apply?

The application for a certificate of occupancy must be submitted to the Permits counter accompanied by the following documents:

  • The Charter of the company;
  • The alterations permit if the building was subject to alterations.

Bars and restaurants

The operator must acquire a certificate of occupancy before applying for a liquor licence.

Particularity of the Roxboro Sector: Parking

Roxboro sector regulations emphasizes that for a certificate of occupancy is issued, the access to off-street parking areas must be usable. In addition, in the case of a shared parking, notarized documents that guarantee their permanence must be submitted.

For more information, please contact the Permits counter by calling 311.