An eco-quartier is an office that promotes awareness and offers to citizens environmental services related to four fields: waste management, cleanliness, beautification and nature in the city. It also educates the public about responsible consumption by selling fair trade products, green cleaning products, reusable bags, etc.
- Implementation of recycling in 22 schools in the borough and support for green groups;
- Organization of educational activities about the environment at schools and day camps;
- Raising awareness to dog pollution;
- Promoting graffiti and wild display awareness;
- Organization of cleaning blitz;
- Promoting home composting and grasscycling;
- Ragweed awareness;
- Free distribution of flowers, trees and compost;
- Collection of used batteries, and copiers ink cartridges;
- Providing information on household hazardous waste (HHW) and their collections in the borough;
- Providing information on composting and sale of composters.
End of electronic waste collection at the éco-quartier
Since January 2017, the Éco-quartier Pierrefonds-Roxboro is no longer collecting electronic devices such as televisions, computers, radios, toasters, vacuum cleaners, drills, cameras and cell phones. These items will be accepted at the Ecocentre Saint-Laurent. However, the Éco-quartier continues to accept light bulbs, batteries and ink cartridges.
13, rue du Centre-Commercial
Telephone: 514 752-0778
Wednesdays: from 1 to 8 p.m.
Thursdays: from 1 to 6 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays: from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays: closed
3535, rue Sartelon (corner of Avenue Félix-Leclerc and Sartelon)
For more information: visit ville.montreal.qc.ca/ecocentres