An eco-quartier is an office that promotes awareness and offers to citizens environmental services related to four fields: waste management, cleanliness, beautification and nature in the city. It also educates the public about responsible consumption by selling fair trade products, green cleaning products, reusable bags, etc.
- Implementation of recycling in 22 schools in the borough and support for green groups;
- Organization of educational activities about the environment at schools and day camps;
- Raising awareness to dog pollution;
- Promoting graffiti and wild display awareness;
- Organization of cleaning blitz;
- Promoting home composting and grasscycling;
- Ragweed awareness;
- Free distribution of flowers, trees and compost;
- Collection of used batteries, and copiers ink cartridges;
- Providing information on household hazardous waste (HHW) and their collections in the borough;
- Providing information on composting and sale of composters.
End of electronic waste collection at the éco-quartier
As of January, the Éco-quartier Pierrefonds-Roxboro will no longer collect electronic devices such as televisions, computers, radios, toasters, vacuum cleaners, drills, cameras and cell phones. These items will be accepted at the new Ecocentre, located in Saint-Laurent However, the Éco-quartier will continue to accept light bulbs, batteries and ink cartridges.
13, rue du Centre-Commercial
Telephone: 514 752-0778
Wednesdays: from 1 to 8 p.m.
Thursdays: from 1 to 6 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays: from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays: closed
3535, rue Sartelon (corner of Avenue Félix-Leclerc and Sartelon)
For more information: visit ville.montreal.qc.ca/ecocentres