Road Safety Campaign
Ville de Montréal, the Borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro and Service de police de la Ville de Montréal invite all road users to be vigilant when traveling. Entitled "100% Safety in my Borough" the campaign targets pedestrians, cyclists and motorists. Each of us, depending on our mode of travel, must make sure to see, hear and be seen by other road users.
Security and vigilance on our roads are everybody’s concern! Here are a few safety tips:
- I cross at intersections;
- I obey traffic lights;
- I ’m careful crossing the street;
- I keep a safe distance from heavy vehicles;
- I cross at the right place at the right time.
- I obey all signs;
- I never drive with headphones on;
- I bike in the same direction as traffic;
- I signal to indicate my intentions;
- I step off on sidewalks;
- I wear a helmet.
- I avoid distractions;
- I respect pedestrian crosswalks;
- I check if a bike is coming before I open my door;
- I never text while driving;
- I share the road;
- I yield to pedestrians.