Dog exercise areas
Dogs and their keepers have access to four exercise areas in Saint-Laurent. Although walks with man’s best friend may be pleasant, it is sometimes difficult to find an ideal route or location. Created in response to this need, the exercise areas for dogs are specifically outfitted to allow owners to let their dogs run free without disturbing other park users and activities.
The exercise areas are located in the following locations:
- Parc Cousineau, corner of Avenue O’Brien and Rue Poirier
- Parc du Bois-Franc (to come), on Rue Modigliani between Des Outardes and Des Andes
- Parc Gohier, corner of Beaudet and Leduc streets
- Parc Marcel-Laurin, corner of Thimens and Alexis-Nihon boulevards
- Parc Philippe-Laheurte, at the west end of the park
- Parc Guillaume-Bruneau, corner of Jean-Gascon and Vittorio-Fioruci streets
Rules for using the exercise area
1. Only dogs wearing valid tags will be allowed to access the DEA.
2. The dog keeper must have a maximum of 2 dogs under his or her responsibility.
3. Dog keepers must supervise their dog(s) at all times, and always keep them under control.
4. Dog keepers must be inside the DEA at the same time as their dog(s).
5. Dogs must be kept on their leash outside the DEA.
6. Dog keepers must clean up their dogs’ fecal matter and dispose of it in a hygienic manner.
7. The doors of the DEA must be kept closed at all times.
8. Dogs who use the DEA must be vaccinated and free from illness so as not to pose a threat to other dogs.
9. Consumption of food and beverages by both dogs and owners is prohibited inside the DEA.
Guardian: Anyone who feeds, accompanies or keeps a dog or gives shelter to a dog.
Anyone who contravenes the by-law is liable, for a first offense, to a minimum fine of $ 300, plus the fees payable.
THE BOROUGH CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DOG BITES, ACCIDENTS OR OTHER INCIDENTS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE DOG EXERCISE AREAS.