Online services

Select a service from the menu at right for more details.

Select a service

All online services

Borough newsletter


Saint-Laurent newsletter

Waste collection

Frequently asked questions

Why wasn't my bin picked up?

  • You must make sure your bin is placed outside after 8 p.m. on the eve of collection day or before 7 a.m. on collection day.
  • You must make sure the bin is placed on your property, on the driveway, as close as possible to the sidewalk.
  • If there are bags on or around your bin, the truck will not be able to pick up the bin.
  • For buildings with more than one bin, these must be at least 30 cm apart.
  • At anytime, you must leave 1 metre of free space around the bin.

Do I have to use the bin?

Yes, only the bins marked with a serial number and the Saint-Laurent logo will be collected. No other containers (trash bins or bags) will be emptied or collected.

What happens if my bin breaks or is stolen?

If a bin is lost, stolen, vandalised or set on fire, the owner or tenant must call 311. A payment will be required to replace it. If a bin is damaged during or as a result of garbage, recycling or organic waste collection services, the owner or tenant must also call 311. It will be replaced or repaired free of charge. 

How can I get a new bin?

Contact the Citizens’ Office at 311.

Who owns the bin?

The bin is owned by the Borough of Saint-Laurent. The tenant or owner of the building is responsible for it. If you move, the bin must stay at its original address.

What kind of trash can I put in the bin?

Only non-recyclable household trash can be placed in the bin. Large trash items (furniture, household appliances, etc.) will be collected once a month (the first collection day of the month). However, for refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners, you must call the Citizens’ Office at 311.

What does not go in the garbage bin?  

Recyclable materials (paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, metal), organic waste (kitchen scraps, soiled paper and cardboard, green waste etc.) as well as construction, renovation and demolition debris (CRD) must only be disposed of in the collections provided for these types of materials.

Which material are banned from all collections?

The following materials and articles are not accepted in any of the Borough’s collections and must be brought to an ecocentre, for ex. the ecocentre Saint-Laurent, located 3535, rue Sartelon:

  • Tires
  • Hazardous household waste: paint, oil, cleaning products, batteries, pesticides, chlorine, solvents, flammable liquids, fluorescent tubes and bulbs
  • Electronic products: televisions, computers, printers, sound systems, DVD players and cellphones

What do I do with old furniture or construction debris?

Please see Bulky items collection.

What do I do with old home appliances?

Appliances containing refrigerant gases (ex: refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners) are subject to a special collection by the Borough. A request must be made by calling 311.