To manage the Éco-quartier Lachine program, the Borough has appointed the Groupe de recommandations et d'actions pour un meilleur environnement (GRAME), a nonprofit organization that promotes environmental protection and sustainable development through its work in three complementary areas: Influencing decision makers, Educating the public and promoting environmental awareness and Taking concrete action on the ground.
The Éco-quartier's mission
The mission of theÉco-quartier Lachine program is to promote environmental (i.e., green) citizenship and improve Montrealers' living environment. In this regard, the Éco-quartiers have already substantially demonstrated their value, by taking part in the development of a significant number of environmental actions in their respective boroughs.
The objectives pursued by the Éco-quartier:
- To encourage the public to reduce the consumption of raw materials at the source and to valorize and reuse objects that are still functional
- To encourage the public to recycle by using various means of raising awareness: information sessions, the distribution of promotional material, needs assessments, the implementation of various recovery methods, etc.
- To increase the participation of residents and businesses in the various selective and seasonal collections
- To optimize the performance of the various green programs by gradually prompting changes in attitudes and behaviours among the Borough's residents
Some of the services offered:
- the distribution of recycling bins and rainwater barrels
- composting training
- environmental awareness in schools
Twice a year, you can buy a regular tree or a fruit tree at a reduced price, thanks to the Un arbre pour mon quartier, program of the Regroupement des éco-quartiers. You can buy your tree online or from GRAME.
Those in charge of the Éco-quartier program at GRAME can help you set up projects that will improve your living environment, such as a clean-up in your alley, for example. Go ahead, visit your Éco-quartier!
735, rue Notre-Dame