- No-parking signs are set out at least four hours before snow loading operations beging.
- Yellow sign indicate that parking is prohibited between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Orange sign indicate that parking is prohibited between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Loading of snow is carried out within 24 hours after these signs are set out.
Snow removal operations are carried out day or night in all areas of the Borough. Check the signs posted for this purpose.
Information on snow clearance operations:
• Download the Info-neige MTL (Info-Snow) app available on iOS or Android to follow the progress of snow loading operations
• Phone 311
- Pay attention to the road signs. Always respect the signs set out for snow clearing—they have priority over all others. Otherwise, it could cost you towing fees and a ticket. To find a vehicle that has been towed during snow loading operations, click on the following link: Info remorquage
- Use your private driveway or a public parking lot. The Borough contains 25 municipal parking lots which are free from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Park your vehicle parallel to the sidewalk and 30 cm away from it to make easier for the sidewalk snow plows to pass. Angle parking is prohibited because it hinders the passage of emergency and snow clearing vehicles.
- Pushing snow from your property onto the street is prohibited and will result in a fine ($100 plus costs). By refraining from pushing more snow into the street, you are allowing drivers and pedestrians to circulate freely. However, if your property’s layout does not allow you to store snow, you must clear your property prior to the passage of the snow thrower.
- Use alternative means of transport such as public transit or carpooling.
- Should there be a recycling pickup, place your bin back from the sidewalk. Don't put it out unless you really need to.
More information on snow removal at Ville de Montreal.