Le Parterre, Promenade des Artistes and surroundings
© Stéphan Poulin
Two public spaces — Promenade des Artistes and Le Parterre — were created north of the development zone, between Place des Arts and the Sciences Pavilion of the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This required a major reconfiguration of the road system.
Work on Le Parterre, Promenade des Artistes and the surrounding area was essentially finalized
- Major reconfiguration of boulevard De Maisonneuve and the re-parcelling of Place
- Albert-Duquesne and Place Fred-Barry.
- Creation of a new 3,455 m2 public space, mostly grass-covered, facing Maison Symphonique de Montréal.
- Installation of two lighting superstructures.
- Installation of three event showcases.
- Construction of an underground electric service station and control room.
La promenade des Artistes
- Narrowing of the roadways on boulevard De Maisonneuve, avenue du Président-Kennedy and rue Ontario between rues Clark and De Bleury.
- Quadrupling of the island surface between De Maisonneuve and President Kennedy, and transforming it into a 3,190 m2 public space.
- Installation of eight event showcases.
- Installation of one lighting superstructure.
- Enhancement of the sector’s look and feel.
- Creation of a lively space for festivals and other activities between Place des Arts and UQAM.
- Creation of a prestigious approach to Maison Symphonique de Montréal which is facing Le Parterre and a performance space for the Montréal Symphony Orchestra.
Architecture and urban design: Daoust Lestage Inc.
Engineering: SM/Genivar Consortium
- 125 planted trees:
- 57 ulmus “Prospector” elms on Promenade des Artistes, boulevard De Maisonneuve, avenue du Président-Kennedy and rue Ontario
- 27 malus “Prairie Fire” crab apples on Le Parterre and Promenade des Artistes
- 22 acer x freemanii “Autumn Blaze” maples on rue Clark
- 15 gleditsia “Skyline” honey locusts on Le Parterre
- 4 gleditsia “Shademaster” honey locusts on Le Parterre
- Total area (excluding sidewalks and bike path) 3,455 m2, including:
- 719 m² paved with Cambrian Black granite
- 100 m² paved with Stanstead Gray granite
- 17 m² paved with Bethel White granite
- 2 623 m² plant cover
- 3 event showcases
- 58 metres of fog effects with multicoloured linear LED lighting
Promenade des Artistes
- Total area (excluding sidewalks) 3,190 m2, including 1,016 m² of plant cover
- 8 event showcases