Montréal is at the watch level (green zone). Stay informed

Online services

Select a service from the menu at right for more details.

Select a service

All online services

Private domain

Exterior facings

Housing exterior facingYou need a permit for all work on the outside facing (brick, stucco, clapboard, etc.) of residential buildings except repairs. If you are replacing the outside facing of an entire wall you will need a permit, since there are standards concerning the type of material to be used.


As part of your permit request, bring the following documents to the Permits and inspections division service desk:

  • The location certificate (2 copies)
  • A draft of the project, drawn to scale (2 copies)
  • Pictures
  • A cost estimate
  • The contractor’s contact information, if applicable
  • Payment for the survey fees
  • A mandate from the owner is required if the permit is applied for by proxy

Fees for residential buildings
$8.90 per each $1000 in construction costs (minimum fee of $130)

Fees for every other type of building
$8.90 per each $1000 in construction costs (minimum fee of $390)