Temporary car shelters
The Borough of CDN—NDG does not require that you own a permit for the
installation of a temporary car shelter. You must, however, respect the
- Installation is permitted from October 15th to April 15th.
- Only one temporary car shelter may be installed on any given property.
- The shelter must be located no closer than 0.75 m to the sidewalk, 1.5 m
to a fire hydrant, and at least 5 m away from the road at an intersection. In
order to prevent snow from sliding onto a neighbouring property, a margin of
safety must be provided for with respect to your property line.
- Installation is permitted only for a parking space attendant to a building
dedicated exclusively to residential dwelling.
- Installation of a temporary car shelter is prohibited on cultural property
or historical monuments, in a historic or natural district, on a historical
site, or on a heritage site as defined in the Cultural Property Act (L.R.Q.,
- A shelter may not be used as storage space.