Share your good books!
by similar projects in major cities around the world, the borough of CDN—NDG is
launching Livre-service, a free resident-to-resident book exchange
available at twelve locations.
The idea is simple: people leave a book they liked in a “book box” and take
one out. They are free to decide whether to return the book taken. There is no
charge, no registration and no obligation. There are currently twelve book
The success of Livre-service will be determined by citizen
participation. Take part in this exchange!
Livre-service book boxes are open at the following locations:
- Accès Montréal office: 5160, boulevard Décarie
- Parc Macdonald
- Place Darlington
- Near Plamondon métro station
- Near Université-de-Montréal métro station
- Parc Jean-Brillant: NEW!
- Near CHU Sainte-Justine: NEW!
- Near Concordia University’s Loyola campus
- Near Vendôme métro station
- At the intersection of avenue de Monkland and avenue Marcil
- Saint-Raymond Community Center: NEW!
- Near coop La Maison Verte (at the intersection of rue
Sherbrooke O. and avenue Melrose): NEW!
Please note : Livre-service is not a book drop for
your neighbourhood library. Library materials must be returned to the
Livre-service is a partner of Libérez les livres!
If you like,
you can put a sticker in any books you leave in a
Livre-service box, to indicate that you've "freed" them.