Highlights of the Saint-Laurent General Council Meeting held on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
20 janvier 2016
Saint-Laurent, January 20, 2016 – Saint-Laurent Council held its monthly general meeting on Tuesday, January 12. The highlights are as follows:
Council proceeded with the following actions, among others:
• Authorized a request for proposals for projects to be carried out in 2016 in line with the fight against poverty and marginalization, and within the framework of Alliances pour la solidarité.
• Awarded a contract with a maximum value of $78,544.20 to Stantec Experts-conseils ltée for the preparation of plans and specifications for repair work at Parc Cousineau.
• Awarded a contract with a maximum value of $252,443.71 to Stantec Experts-conseils ltée for professional services relating to the preparation of plans and specifications, and for the supervision of repairs to Bassin de la Brunante.
• Approved the list of suppliers as well as the purchase of cultural items for $728,500, and authorized maximum spending of $32,000 on iPads for rent for the Saint-Laurent libraries in 2016.
• Authorized $122,000 for the purchase of crushed stone in 2016.
Council has enlisted the services of Le Meilleur Ramoneur inc. for chimney sweeping work in 2016. For a price of $21.75 plus tax, this preventative chimney-sweeping service is the base option and does not include furnace maintenance or horizontal ductwork cleaning, which the property owner must arrange if necessary. The price may also vary depending on the height and type of chimney. Keep in mind that citizens may refuse this service when the chimney-sweep visits if they would prefer to use a different company. Chimney sweeping will begin in the coming weeks, and the base rate of $21.75 will be guaranteed until October 15, 2015.
Administration and finance
Council authorized the tabling of a subsidy request under the Programme de promotion du français 2016-2017 offered by the Secrétariat à la politique linguistique du Québec. It also awarded the following subsidies and financial assistance:
• $85,000 to the Musée des maîtres et artisans du Québec for its regular activities in 2016.
• $300 to École Bois-Franc Aquarelle for an educational project.
• $1000 to the Oasis de Saint-Laurent to help provide food for underprivileged families in 2016.
– 30 –
Source : Direction d'arrondissement Division des communications et des relations avec les citoyens