Service des Finances
Leader of finances and guardian of public funds, the finance department is in
charge of strategic, operational and transactional advisory activities according
to the best practices of governance, management and control.
The finance department is responsible for the following:
- Coordination and follow-up of business plans.
- Performance and accountability frameworks for those plans, elements of
which take into account, in particular, the administration’s leading
objectives, which must focus on the best interest of residents.
- Production of the operating budget and the three-year capital expenditure
- Budgetary/financial analysis and control.
Furthermore, the department carries out fiscal planning as well as the
taxation, collection and receipt of revenues. It ensures that taxpayers are
supplied with all the information required for a clear understanding of changes
to city taxes and the impact such changes may have on their tax bill. It also
undertakes to account for budget and financial operations in order to produce
the annual financial statements, and prepares payroll and pension cheques for
employees and retirees, respectively.
The department is responsible for:
- Debt management.
- Management of financing, the sinking fund and the treasury.
- Accountability and management of investments for the pension plans.
- Production of the financial statements of the pension funds.
- Coordination of the activities of the various retirement committees.
Director: Jacques Marleau