Structuring, efficient transportation networks
fully integrated into the urban environment.
The provisions regarding parking are drawn from the following statements in
Part I of the Master Plan :
- Action 3.2: Support urban development that favours the use
of public transportation.
- Action 3.5: Favour urban development and the use of public
transportation and bicycles by taking action on the supply of parking.
- Action 7.2: Develop vacant lots in the downtown area.
- Action 17.2: Reduce air pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions.
These provisions also aim more specifically to :
- Limit the supply of parking spaces in the Borough of Ville-Marie;
- Limit the supply of parking near metro stations and certain
commuter train stations;
- Require indoor parking facilities in part of the Borough of
2.1.1 The maximum number of parking spaces in the Borough of Ville-Marie
- The by-laws of the Borough of Ville-Marie must set a maximum
authorized number of parking spaces upon the construction, extension or change
of use of a building. These provisions may exclude residential uses.