Sports and Recreation
Outdoor Skating Rinks
As soon as the temperature is cold enough, Verdun residents are invited to skate in the parks.
List of outdoor skating rinks
- Beurling park (6001, rue Beurling) : hockey and recreational skating rinks
- Duquette park (900, rue Dupuis) : hockey rink
- De la Reine-Élisabeth park (1650, rue Crawford) : hockey and recreational skating rinks
- Elgar park (260, rue Elgar) : hockey and recreational skating rinks
- De la Fontaine park (550, place de la Fontaine) : hockey and recreational skating rinks
- Lacoursière park (located near chemin du Golf and chemin Marie-Le Ber) : recreational skating rink on the lake
- Willibrord park (800, rue Willibrord) :
- Verdun 's Bleu Blanc Bouge refrigerated skating rink: multi-purpose (see weekly schedule below)
- One recreational skating rink
WILLIBRORD PARK – Bleu Blanc Bouge Skating Rink
The Bleu Blanc Bouge skating rink, donated by the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation, has been in operation since December 9, 2011. The Borough has renovated Willibrord chalet to accommodate all users.
The Bleu Blanc Bouge refrigerated rink is open 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. In addition to being available for general public use, organized activities will be held there as well. The weekly schedule is posted at the entrance to the skating rink and in the locker room. Keep an eye out for the program of activities and further details in the local newspapers as well as on the Verdun Borough’s website
Caretaker's schedule at park chalets
Monday - Friday, 1:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Everyday, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
All other parks
Monday - Friday, 4 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
There is a chalet at each park.
Bureau Accès Verdun : 3-1-1
Centre communautaire Marcel-Giroux : 514 765-7150
Centre communautaire Elgar : 514 765-7270