Do you want to organize a public event in a park, alleyway or other public place? Make sure to start by obtaining the necessary approval.
The borough offers logistical support and coordination to promoters for planning their community, cultural, sports and social events.
Who can apply?
A legally constituted non-profit organization (legal entity).
Private promoters and producers must assume all costs involved in the use of public space by their project.
Documents and information to provide:
- Name of planned event.
- Names and contact information for the organization
and the person in charge.
- Purpose of event.
- Place or venue accompanied by an accurate layout
- Description of event (programming, security measures,
sales activities on public land, targeted audience, number of persons
- Type of support requested (street closure, picnic
- Organization's letters patent.
- Resolution from the board of directors approving the
filing of the request.
- Resolution of the board of directors designating the authorized party to sign any commitment pertaining to the request.
File a written request to
Direction de la culture, des
sports, des loisirs et du développement social
Marcel-Giroux Community Centre
Verdun, QC H4G 1E3