Verdun
 
    See also  
  > History of Verdun  
 
  Printable version Printable version
 
In your Neighbourhood
 
Montreal Aqueduct | Verdun Auditorium | Laurentian Bank (savings bank) | Verdun Hospital Centre | Verdun Catholic School Board | Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs School | Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs Church | Douglas Hospital | Verdun City Hall | La Poudrière | The Mies Van Der Rohe Buildings | The Étienne Nivard de Saint-Dizier Historical House | Natatorium

History and Heritage

Buildings - Verdun City Hall

Verdun City Hall (old)

Verdun 's former city hall dates from 1908. It was located at 471, rue de l'Église. The structure now houses the Centres jeunesses du Sud-Ouest de Montréal.

Inaugurated in 1958, the new building was designed by architect J.-Armand Dutrisac. Neoclassical in style, the six-story building is similar in appearance to Shawinigan's town hall.

Verdun City Hall (new)

Addresses
(old building)
471, rue de l'Église
(the new borough hall)
4555, rue de Verdun

Back Back to History and Heritage section
 
 
® All rights reserved, Ville de Montréal