History and Heritage
Buildings - Verdun Hospital Centre
On May 1, 1932, Monseigneur Joseph-Arsène Richard founded Verdun General Hospital, dedicated to Christ the King. The architect was Alphonse Venne and the contractor, Uric Boileau.
In 1944 a nursing school was built and a new wing added to the structure. The hospital had 480 beds at the time. The nursing school, which is affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine of the Université de Montréal, gave courses until 1970.
Verdun Hospital Centre now has 258 beds and is affiliated with the Université de Montréal to provide instruction in family medicine. Its multiprofessional team consists of nearly 1,600 individuals and its operating budget totals $54 million.
4000 boulevard LaSalle