Skating rinks and winter
Bleu Blanc Bouge refrigerated outdoor rink
Parc Willibrord (800 Rue Willibrord)
The Bleu Blanc Bouge outdoor refrigerated rink is a donation from the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation.
Winter 2018-2019: opening in December 14
Typical schedule of activities (also available on site)
Open daily from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. (weather permitting)
On weekdays, some time slots may be reserved for schools.
Please see the detailed schedule or call 514-765-7150 to find out the rink availability.
Right next the Bleu Blanc Bouge rink, an ice ring is at yout disposal during the opening hours (depending on the temperature).
Equipment loans (skates and helmets)
- Saturdays and Sundays, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., until the end of the season
- December 24 to 28, 2018 and December 31 to January 4 , 2019 (holiday season), 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- March 4 to 8, 2018 (spring break), 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Ice skates and helmets are available for rental at no charge at the Bleu Blanc Bouge rink, with valid proof of identification (health insurance card, driver’s licence)
There are 12 other skating rinks and ovals at Parc Arthur-Therrien, Parc Beurling, Parc Duquette, Parc Elgar, Parc Willibrord, Parc de la Fontaine and Parc Reine-Elisabeth.
Open from January to March, depending on the temperature.
- Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (open until 10 p.m. at Parc Arthur-Therrien)
- Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Parc Arthur-Therrien)
- Free ice skate loan at de la Fontaine Park, 550, place de la Fontaine : Saturdays and Sundays starting January 5 until March 10 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and during spring break, starting March 4 to March 8 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Consult the ice conditions »
(Note that ice conditions are not updated on weekends)
Cross-country ski trails
Mechanically groomed cross-country ski trails let you travel Verdun’s vast white expanses. Trails are groomed on a regular basis, depending on the weather.
The map of trails and trail conditions may be consulted online.
Free ski loans at Parc Arthur-Therrien (3750 Boul. Gaétan-Laberge)
Saturdays and Sundays from January 6 to March 18, and March 5 to 9 (spring break) from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
La Riveraine ski trail
Spanning a distance of 18.7 km between Parc Arthur-Therrien in Verdun and Parc Summerlea in Lachine, La Riveraine cross-country ski trail runs along the shores on the St-Lawrence River. There are rest stops for skiers at the Parc Arthur-Therrien chalet (3750 Boul. Gaétan-Laberge, Verdun), LaSalle borough hall (55 Av. Dupras) and the Maison du brasseur (2901 Boul. Saint-Joseph, Lachine).
La Traverse ski trail
The 1.5 km cross-country ski trail on the grounds of the Douglas Mental Health University Institute (between Boulevard LaSalle and Boulevard Champlain, near the municipal gardens) may be used to access Parc Angrignon via Parc Claude-Brunet.
There is a tobogganing hill at Parc Arthur-Therrien (3750 Boulevard Gaétan-Laberge).
Magnificent hiking trails along the shores of the St. Lawrence River and in the wooded area around the Domaine Saint-Paul on L’Île-des-Sœurs.