Prix de l’Action culturelle
Nature of the award
The award, valued at $2,500, is presented to an artist or cultural organization that has initiated a cultural action that facilitates knowledge sharing through unique meetings and exchanges between creators and citizens. The factors taken into account in awarding the Prix are the impact of the project on the participants, the quality of the artistic and cultural process at the heart of the initiative and its integration in the community. The project must have taken place between January and December 2013 in Montréal and been carried out by a professional artist or cultural organization working in the performing arts, visual arts, arts and crafts, media arts, literature, audiovisual production or heritage fields.
All applicants must submit an application file containing the following:
- Presentation form explaining the objectives and implementation of the cultural action
- Artist’s resumé or presentation of the cultural organization, in an appendix
- Letter and comments of partners and participants, if relevant, in an appendix
- Other elements related to the process, if relevant, in an appendix
All application files must be submitted in four copies to Marie-Christine Larocque of the Service de la culture at the address mentioned in the contact information for the award.
Method of evaluation
A panel composed of three members from Montréal’s professional cultural community will evaluate all submitted application files based on the following criteria:
- Impact of the process on the participants
- Quality of the artistic process at the heart of the cultural mediation initiative
- Integration of the process within the community
- Involvement of a partner in the project (educational institution, community organization, promoter or other), if applicable
Deadline for receipt of applications
Application files for the award must be received at the offices of the Service de la culture no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, April 28, 2014 . No extension will be granted. Only complete application files submitted in four paper copies by mail or courier will be eligible.
Date of the award presentation
The first Prix de l’Action culturelle was presented at the Les Territoires de la médiation culturelle colloquium on May 13, 2014.