Pre-need and pre-feasibility support
In 2008, Ville de Montréal and the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec (MCC) agreed to work cooperatively on supporting cultural facilities through a permanent forum. The forum’s mandate is to jointly fund studies and programs and to manage a cultural facilities funding program based on eligibility and selection criteria established by the partners. The purpose of this program is to consolidate and strategically develop the network of private cultural facilities on the territory of Ville de Montréal. The program funds a portion of the preliminary studies required for any redevelopment or construction project in which the promoter is a Montréal professional cultural organization.
The decision to fund a cultural organization is reached by consensus by both partners of the permanent cultural facilities forum. This program is offered under the Entente sur le développement culturel de Montréal.
a) The organization must:
- Be a recognized professional organization or meet the requirements of the Ministère, SODEC, CALQ, ANQ or CAM for accreditation, certification or an operating grant program
- Be incorporated as a non-profit (legal entity) and expressly created to conduct professional cultural activities
- Be headquartered on the territory of Ville de Montréal
- Be the owner (or emphyteutic lessee or superficiary) of the building where the work will be done
- Be in compliance with current municipal regulations and government legislation
- Provide proof of sustainability and demonstrate the impact of the facility on its operations
b) The cultural facility must:
- Be intended permanently for the cultural activity
- Be located on the territory of Montréal
- Be leased (long-term) or owned by the organization
The following are excluded: virtual sites and locations, government-owned corporations, municipal facilities (except if potentially recyclable for cultural purposes); and installation or renovation projects for premises occupied by cultural recreation organizations, community centres and social and cultural centres.
c) The following studies are eligible for funding:
- Needs assessment or Functional and Technical Program (FTP)
- Opportunity, pre-feasibility, feasibility, cost, viability and impact studies, including specialized expertise in architecture, heritage assessment of a building, structure, site layout, scenographic and environmental assessment.
The application must be submitted February 27 or August 31, 2015.
(All the reference documents are only available in French.)