Financial aid for non-profit organizations that rent
In 2008, Ville de Montréal and the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec (MCC) agreed to work cooperatively on supporting cultural facilities through a permanent forum. The forum's mandate is to jointly fund studies and programs and to manage a cultural facilities funding program based on eligibility and selection criteria established by the partners.
The purpose of this program is to consolidate and strategically develop a funding plan for professional cultural facilities on the territory of Ville de Montréal.
The program provides financial assistance for the organization of a fundraising campaign supported by a professional cultural organization in Montréal that wishes to supplement its portion of the loan package already announced for its capital project. The decision to support the fundraising activities of a cultural organization is reached by consensus by both partners of the Forum permanent des équipements culturels.
This program is offered under the Entente sur le développement culturel de Montréal.
a) The organization must:
- Have an agreement in principle (or the equivalent) with the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec or be the subject of a ministerial announcement
- Be a professional cultural organization
- Be incorporated as a non-profit (legal entity) and expressly created to conduct professional cultural activities
- Be headquartered on the territory of Ville de Montréal
- Be the owner
- Be in compliance with current municipal regulations and government legislation
- Provide proof of sustainability
b) The cultural facility must:
- Be a permanent part of the cultural activity
- Be located on the territory of Montréal
- Be owned by the organization
The following organizations and project are ineligible:
- Projects intended for virtual sites
- Cultural recreation organizations
- Projects of community centres and social and cultural centres
- School boards and educational institutions (with the exception of training schools recognized by the MCC)
The application must be submitted February 27 or August 31, 2015.
(All the reference documents are only available in French.)