Cultural outreach in Montréal boroughs
To encourage greater citizen participation in professional cultural life, the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec (MCC) and Ville de Montréal provide financial support to boroughs to implement animation, awareness-building and cultural mediation activities aimed at targeted groups.The purpose of this program is to fund initiatives by municipal programmers in the Accès culture network who wish to undertake cultural mediation with targeted publics.
Ways in which cultural programmers in Montréal’s boroughs can reach out to those groups that they have identified as a priority and guide them through the process of learning about and making culture part of their lives include:
- Educating targeted groups about the cultural context of the borough
- Guiding members of cultural communities on ways to make culture their own
- Encouraging cultural inclusion in vulnerable areas of Montréal
- Encouraging the use of such digital technologies as cultural dissemination or communication platforms targeted at a specific client group
- Leading school groups on visits to municipal cultural venues
This program is offered under the Entente sur le développement culturel de Montréal.
This program is reserved for cultural programmers in the Accès culture network.
Eligible programs can take a variety of forms depending on the cultural offering of the municipal programmers in the Accès culture network: cultural tours, animation activities, initiation, residency of an artist or organization in the community, creative workshops with or without a dissemination phase, and educational workshops, among others.
To be determined