Cultural diversity - festivals and events
This program is designed to consolidate organizational efforts involving festivals and events that promote cultural expressions in Montréal as well as community participation, to encourage interculturalism.
For the purposes of this program, festivals and events are one-time activities that are held over a period of one to 30 days (maximum 10 days if on public property) within Montréal city limits.
To be eligible for this program, organizations must:
- Have been a non-profit corporation (body corporate) for at least two years as of January 13, 2017.
- Be headquartered within the Montréal city limits.
- Carry out its activities primarily in the field of culture, social or community development, recreation or ethno-cultural diversity.
- Hold the festival or event within the Montréal city limits in 2017.
- Be in good standing with City departments and governmental bodies.
The following are not eligible:
- For-profit organizations
- Applications requesting support for the organization's general operations
- Events held as part of the Week-ends du monde
- Shows (salons), galas, trade fairs, projects that consist solely of the presentation of performances or films, marketplaces and competitions
- Events that are classified primarily as a symposium, seminar or convention
- Events that are essentially religious, political or commercial in nature
- Events whose main purpose is to raise funds
- Projects related to the Fête nationale du Québec or Canada Day
The same project cannot be presented in the same year to both the Service de la culture and the Service de la diversité sociale et des sports.
Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically rejected.
Friday, January 13, 2017, at 5 p.m.
(Except for the document below, the reference documents are only available in French).