Cultural diversity - festivals and events
To submit an application, please complete the following form.
Virtual public information meetings
Two virtual public information meetings about the Support Program for Diversity of Cultural Expressions will be held online:
• First virtual meeting: Tuesday, November 17, at 6 p.m
• Second virtual meeting: Tuesday, November 24, at 10 a.m
Please register online by clicking here.
This program is designed to consolidate organizational efforts involving festivals and events that promote cultural expressions in Montréal as well as community participation, to encourage interculturalism.
For the purposes of this program, festivals and events are one-time activities that are held over a period of one to 30 days (maximum 10 days if on public property) within Montréal city limits.
Because of the COVID-19 public health crisis which started in March 2020, it may be difficult to prepare for a project to be held several months from now, which will have to comply with the sanitary measures of that time. We ask you to be as realistic as possible, in compliance with your mission, and present your project as it could be realized as of now. An update will be requested if financial support from the City is confirmed.
To be eligible for this program, organizations must:
- Non-profit corporation for at least one year.
- Be headquartered within the Montréal city limits.
- Carry out its activities primarily in the field of culture, social or community development, recreation or ethno-cultural diversity.
- Hold the festival or event in a virtual, in-person, or hybrid format within Montréal city limits in 2021;
- Be in good standing with City departments and governmental bodies.
- Submit an application that is complete and conforms to Program objectives;
- Declare all partnerships and financial support agreements with the Ville de Montréal (centre-city departments, boroughs, Maisons de la culture and other dissemination venues), and with provincial and federal agencies;
- Have respected its commitments related to previously received financial support and be in good standing with all Ville de Montréal departments;
- Ensure that if it receives annual support from the Ville de Montréal, the total is less than $150,000.
The following are not eligible:
- Applications for support of the organization’s general operations;
- Events held as part of Week-ends du monde;
- Salons, galas, trade fairs; projects that consist solely of the presentation of shows or films; marketplaces, and contests;
- An event classified primarily as a symposium, seminar or convention;
- Events that are essentially religious, political or commercial in nature;
- Events whose main purpose is to raise funds;
- Projects related to National Holidays.
The same project cannot be presented in the same year to both the Service de la culture and the Service de la diversité sociale et des sports.
Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically rejected.
Friday, December 18, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
(Except for the documents below, the reference documents are only available in French).